GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!! Just a quick breakfast post for Tuesday morning…
I still struggle with eating a morning meal most days, and I know it’s important. It’s funny, I only realized I was gluten intolerant this year, but my go-to has always been an “Eggy” breakfast. I didn’t know why, but I always felt terrible if I ate waffles, pancakes, doughnuts, or cereal, so I didn’t… but those are generally the most convenient, so I had a bad habit of skipping it entirely.
Today I wanted eggs, but was craving more flavor:
- Saute 1 clove garlic, finely diced, in 1 tsp butter until tender (or browned if you like the taste)
- Add 1/2 tomato, finely diced, saute a minute more
- Add 2 organic eggs scrambled with 1 TB heavy cream
- Scramble eggs until nearly cooked
- Add 1 oz shredded white sharp cheddar, toss to melt
- Plate the eggs and top with your choice of fresh garden herbs
Today I used fresh chives and oregano.
Really quick, delicious, low carb and gluten free. The garlic and tomato really add depth of flavor, and choosing sharp cheddar adds a nice zing to the balance. Fresh herbs are great with eggs, and having a few in the garden or pots will definitely add a nice dimension to your cooking. The earliest herbs in my garden are chives, oregano, sage and thyme since they are perennials and come back every year. It always takes some patience waiting for the tender annual basil to get big enough that it won’t die from me stripping off the leaves too soon, 😉 but basil is a fabulous complement to eggs, tomato and garlic as well.