This is a guacamole recipe that I tweaked years ago, and I am often asked for the recipe when I take it to parties to share with friends. It’s naturally grain-free, gluten-free, Wheat Belly and primal friendly.
Tonight I’ve made a 1/2 batch to serve on grilled burgers with melted muenster cheese and grain-free, low-carb buns. Mmmmmm! It’s also great as a dip for veggies, low-carb cheese crackers and even pork rinds 😉 Low-Carb and lovin’ it!
The Low-carb bun recipe isn’t mine; it was posted by a fellow WB cook on the Wheat Belly Recipe Central page if you’d like to have a look! Check the “posts by others.”
My Favorite Guacamole
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 medium vidalia or white onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, diced
- 1 canned roasted chipotle pepper, seeded and diced (or use fresh hot pepper to taste)
- 1 big handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Halve and pit the avocados; scoop out the flesh with a tablespoon into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork, leaving them still a bit chunky. Add the remaining ingredients, and fold everything together to gently mix.
Lay a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn’t brown and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.