We haven’t had almond flour crackers in a while, so today I was thinking that I wanted to experiment with a different flavor combination. What came to mind was sundried tomato and basil, which is a classic pairing that we used to enjoy when we made home made bread (I know, I know… banish the thought!) The result was delicious! I also included homemade gomasio (sesame salt), since I just made a batch earlier today. This is a slightly chewier cracker than the ones I have done before that include shredded cheese, but very tasty and satisfying. They are super simple to make, I hope you enjoy!
Sundried Tomato Basil Almond Flour Crackers
- 1 C almond flour
- 1 Tb olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 2 Tb water
- 1/4 C sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp gomasio (or 1/4-1/2 tsp salt to taste)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oven to 325.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and combine until the mixture comes together.
- Form dough into a ball and flatten between 2 sheets of baking parchment.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough evenly until about 1/8″ thick.
- Leaving the dough on the parchment, smooth out the jagged edges, and cut the crackers into squares or rectangles, whichever you prefer. (If desired, sprinkle with more gomasio before baking.)
- Gently separate crackers, keeping them on the bottom parchment, and bake for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, carefully turn each cracker over, and put back in oven for an additional 4-6 minutes. Watch crackers carefully, as almond flour can burn easily.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.